We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager within the Construction sector to work with a education organisation in North Leeds on their upcoming projects. This role is currently a maternity cover post for at least the coming 6 months.
Core Project Manager responsibilities include
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, overseeing all aspects of the process, develop plans, establish time-lines, and determine labour and material costs, assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility, supervise construction contracts, appointing the appropriate project support by arranging and issuing of letters of appointment, letters of intent, suitable project contracts (JCT, NEC etc) certificates of payment, pre contract and progress meetings.
- Maintain and monitor safe and responsible working methods in accordance with legal requirements (CDM), complete risk assessments and method statements.
- Liaise with Estates and Facilities technical support staff, and any other identified stakeholders on all works relating to planned maintenance, reactive, and contract project works under their control.
- Review all issued technical drawings with the internal technical support for anomalies or errors and advise senior management accordingly.
- Complete accurate and timely written and financial reports for each managed project.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track project progress. All works are to be in line with RIBA Plan of Works.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques e.g., project variation, value engineering etc. ensuring project cost stay within the agreed budget.
- Measure project and contractor's performance using appropriate tools and techniques (KPI's etc).
- Ensure that good communications are maintained with management, staff, and stakeholders as appropriate, across all services in the execution of their duties, ensuring that all issues are reported and escalated to management as required.
- Perform risk management to identify and minimise project risks.
- Ensure all statutory compliance requirements are discharged pre, during and post the project.
- Create, develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation (plans, programme of works, process maps etc) both hard and digital copies during the construction phases and post construction e.g., O&Ms are available, accurate and fit for purpose.
- Assist in the procurement of projects ensuring that value for money is obtained and meets budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis and funds available.
- Maintain effective and up to date records of works completed and ensure information is recorded in the CAFM System.
Ideal candidate will have previous experience overseeing large construction projects and have worked within the FM/estates sector.
For this the client offer a salary of £34,304 per annum, this role will be to cover maternity leave and will be for at least 6 months with possibility of extension.