30,000 - 39,000 + Paid Overtime + 25 days' holiday + 50% uplift on basic salary when overseas for 10 days or more
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs almost 300 staff of which over 100 are employed in professional engineering roles (many of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company have grown incredibly from delivering 25 million of projects six years ago to delivering 125 million of projects in 2022.
As a result of their continued expansion they are currently looking for controls engineers to join their team with immediate effect.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for all software elements of an integrated project through to product commissioning at site. An example project could be a 10 million installation of process equipment for a brewery and our client are also designing and commissioning all the software required to automate the process.
A typical project will include:
- Creation of User Requirement Specification
- Creation of Functional Design Specification (FDS)
- Carrying out all PLC Programming required on Siemens or Rockwell platforms
- Creating all the SCADA Screens required to allow the SCADA system to communicate with the system
- Once all software is produced the controls engineer will then test the software in simulation.
- The Controls Engineer will then travel to site to carry out the commissioning process for the software to automate the process until it works correctly.
The projects the company deliver are global so the role offers an exciting opportunity to work in the UK, South America, North America and Asia. When you are overseas commissioning the business offers a 50% uplift on salary when away for 10 days or more.
To be successful in your application for this Controls Engineer vacancy you will need:
- A controls, electrical/electronic or software related qualification.
- Competence in programming PLCs within either a Siemens or Rockwell platform.
- An appetite to travel so you can carry out commissioning at the end of projects.
- A desire to learn - the company are happy to look at controls engineers from a wide variety of engineering sectors. The business also supports people who aspire to be chartered engineers.
For this Controls Engineer role you will receive:
- 30,000 - 39,000 dependant upon experience
- Paid overtime at 21 per hour
- 50% uplift on basic salary when overseas for ten days or more.
- The support and knowledge of a business that has 200 years' experience within the industry allowing you to learn from experts in the field
- Possibility of Chartership in the future
If this Controls Engineer role sounds like the right kind of opportunity for you then please apply online for a speedy consideration. Alternatively you can email me at email@example.com or give me a call on 07827 295740.
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation