Arriva Traincare (ATC) have an exciting opportunity arise for an Infrastructure, Facilities and Services Manager to join the team based in our Crewe depot. Although this is predominately based out of Crewe depot, you will be required to travel to all depots, inclusive of; Scarborough, Tyne Yard, Eastleigh, Cambridge and Bristol.
You’ll receive £53,351.21 per annum along with fantastic benefits including pension, healthcare cover, life cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme and Arriva Village retailer discount scheme.
Contract: Permanent contract; Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. You may however be required to work weekends as and when required.
What will this role of Infrastructure, Facilities and Services Manager entail?
Reporting into the Head of Depots you will be responsible for the planning and execution of all Arriva TrainCare infrastructure asset management. Duties will include;
- Coordinating and planning the maintenance schedule for all ATC facilities, strategically and hands on for day-to-day management
- Managing ATC facilities contracts
- Manage ATC aspects of group contracts, including but not limited to the Track Maintenance contract
- Planning detailed cost estimations in co-ordination with the respective sections and formulating annual budget
- Reporting any deviations from the Asset Management Strategy and the Annual Budget
- Monitor and manage outsourced vendors, service providers and / or contractors performance
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the safety of the rail network.
- Create, maintain and deliver Capex plans in line with business requirements
- Providing first line management of the regional Facilities Managers and the Facilities Compliance Manager
What will I need to be considered for this Infrastructure, Facilities and Services Manager role?
- Recognised CDM qualification is essential
- University degree in Civil Engineering is desirable
- Professional membership of ICE (or equivalent) is desirable
- People Management training to a minimum ILM Level 5
- Relevant experience in building construction and maintenance work at managerial level
- A good understanding of the mechanical equipment, air conditioning, refrigeration, fire systems, stand-by emergency power, water treatment and preventative maintenance systems
- Full and valid driving licence is essential – as you will be required to travel
More about us:
Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 40,000 people and delivering more than 1.2 billion passenger journeys across 13 European countries every year. You’ll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
- We care passionately
- We do the right thing
- We make the difference
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
To apply for this role please submit your CV via the website
Due to the energising nature of our vacancies, application close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Due to high volumes of applications, we cannot respond to each candidate, if you have not heard back within 4 weeks your application has been unsuccessful.