Our client, a large Educational Establishment in Manchester are currently on the search for a Maintenance Supervisor (ELV Supervisor) to join their estates team on a temporary basis for 6 months initially.
The overall purpose of the role will be to plan, programme, allocate and supervise Fire alarm, Emergency Lighting, Security Systems and other extra low voltage maintenance and improvement work as required utilising in house labour and contract labour as appropriate. You will also assist the Facilities Maintenance and Compliance Unit to implement standards, and make efficient use of all resources working within a general framework of "best value".
Key Skills Required:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent City & Guilds.
- FIA or BAFE fire alarm accreditations.
- Experience of managing a team of technical staff, ideally fire alarm maintenance.
- Thorough working knowledge of BS 5839-1.
- Thorough working knowledge of BS 5266-1.
- Significant vocational experience in fire alarm and or emergency lighting maintenance.
This is a temporary position needed for 6 months initially. The hourly rate offered is £16.75 per hour (PAYE) + Holiday accrual based across a 35 hour working week (08:00 - 15:30, 5 days per week). Please note the hourly rate could be increased depending on experience and qualifications.