Our client, a market leading business from within the Student Accommodation sector are recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead a team of 6 mechanical engineers and plumbers, providing maintenance at 37 student halls of residence across London.
We need someone with at least 2 years supervisory or management experience to lead and develop a young team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times by them and their team
- To be hands on when necessary (max 25% of the time)
- Manage and mentor a team of plumbers, mechanical and building services technicians
- Ensure required training and qualifications required for the role of their team are audited and up to date at all times
- Complete all paperwork required for property files and ensuring all records of site operation are accurate, structured and compliant with company policies and procedures
- Work with the required Risk Assessments and Method Statements at all times, accountable for reviewing all tasks for risk before starting and ensuring that risks are eliminated before work begins
- Accountable for conducting inspection of all work areas including vehicles and plant rooms to ensure that high standards are maintained and reporting any issues immediately to the regional technical manager
- Accountable for the performance of the team and will actively participate in performance management conversations and personal development plan
- c£46,000+ (some flexibility for perfect candidate)
- Bonus scheme (10%)
- up to 11% employer pension contribution
- Opportunity to work for a market leading organisation.
- Use of work vehicle
- Progression opportunities
If you're a Mechanical Engineer who holds strong and ethical values, with supervisory or management experience and this role would be of interest, please apply now.