Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Reference Code: ME-BHAM-002
Salary: £46,000 - £48,000
OTE 52K plus including shift premium + pension + excellent days holidays and excellent overtime.
Training available: Various OEM certificates and qualifications available. PLC and robotics training.
Shifts Available: 4 on 4 off Continentals, Days and Nights role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer to join our client's new state-of-the-art facility in Birmingham. They are a UK Global business who have been established for over 50 years, supplying various products to the construction and civils companies in the UK. Our client is an industry leader and has a great reputation in the market with a huge order book, so job security is guaranteed. Our client is a huge believer in training, so the opportunity to progress and receive industry-relevant training is top-notch.
Overview Maintenance Engineer Role:
You will be working in a highly automated industrial environment, working on large capital-intensive equipment, conveyors, presses, robotics, and much more in a brand-new factory. As the maintenance engineer, you will ensure all manufacturing machinery is maintained to a high standard to meet production demands. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the smooth running of all machinery on site.
- Attending equipment breakdowns and other reactive maintenance tasks.
- Maintenance on Hydraulics, extruders, and other machinery you would expect within a heavy manufacturing setting.
- Carrying out reactive maintenance on production equipment and machines across all the production facilities.
- The role will be 50% reactive and 50% PPM driven. You will be encouraged to have a direct input into the continuous improvement culture and have individual project ownership as you grow your career within the company.
- Carry out immediate repairs of production equipment and machines in the case of breakdowns with regards to all elements of mechanical failure, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.
The Maintenance engineer must hold a relevant engineering qualification level 3+
- Excellent overtime available
- My client will look at candidates who are in engineering roles and want to step up into leadership in the future.
- Excellent training available OEM qualification and formal qualifications
- Excellent holiday entitlement 22 days and a 10% pension available.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation