Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - static
Large NHS Hospital (oncology department), Leeds 9
£30,500 per annum
40 hours per week
- Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers.
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programme
Our client who is a world leader in energy services is recruiting a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be based at a large teaching hospital (Oncology department) in Leeds 9. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week.
There are numerous benefits on offer in this role including, an excellent pension scheme, free parking, a nice, friendly environment to work in, free PPE, a safe, clean place to work, and a very supportive management team.
- Carry out maintenance, repairs, testing and inspection of building, mechanical and electrical services, associated systems, plant and equipment in accordance with relevant standards and operational procedures.
- Work alongside a dynamic maintenance team to deliver the required services, ensuring the Hospital is maintained to the highest standard.
- Provide a customer facing highly responsive maintenance service to the Leeds Oncology Wing
- Undertake a wide range of reactive and planned maintenance tasks and carry these out to a very high standard
- Be able to maintain, service and repair a wide range of the building services listed below
- ? Heating and domestic water services
- ? General Electrical services such as lighting and power
- ? Air handling units
- ? Low voltage electrical distribution system and switchgear
- ? Emergency standby generating plant
- ? Fire alarm systems and emergency lighting
- ? Electrical control systems
- ? Building Management System
- Have an awareness of the operational procedures and safe working practices of major items of plant and systems as described above
- Maintain records and complete service reports as appropriate. Providing regular reports on progress to your line manager
- On occasion carry out installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
- Assist other skilled trades in carrying out maintenance, repairs, testing, inspection and installation work.
- Undertake training to maintain and develop skills in line with the requirements of the service.
- Act as Competent or Authorised Person as directed and appointed.
- Liaise and undertake duties at other healthcare projects as directed.
- Undertake overtime as required to maintain the service
- Carry out any other duties as required commensurate with grade.
Who are we looking for?
- Qualified time served engineer.
- Experience of working within a health care environment would be advantageous
- Previous experience working within a building services role.
- All successful applicants will be required to pass an enhanced DBS check
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 3365161 to discuss further