A great opportunity to work with an amazing team. Our client a Student Accommodation is currently looking for a Premises Assistant (Residence Assistant) to join their team within their Student Accommodation settings across sites in Camberwell & Peckham.
Do you have experience as a School Premises Assistant, School Caretaker or Caretaker within property and have some basic handy person/maintenance skills?
Purpose of Premises Assistant:
- To work as part of a team to assist the delivery of a 24/7 service to all residents & guests, by conducting key tasks assigned by the Residence Management Team
- To deliver a range of customer-focused support and premises services, in accordance with agreed standards and user requirements.
- To support, assist and respect other team members, to help deliver exceptional resident living.
- To take pride in the look and feel of the property ensuring that it is up to standard.
Duties and responsibilities of the Premises Assistant:
- To undertake daily checks of premises (to include lighting, heating, fire extinguishers etc) against a set checklist, reporting the findings to the Residence Manager.
- To ensure that the site is safe and secure by undertaking regular patrols of all internal & external buildings.
- To undertake all cleaning duties of communal areas, external grounds, reception areas & offices on daily - to include sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming and ensure cleaning consumables are monitored and maintained.
- To assist in several of maintenance/handyperson jobs.
- Monitor the maintenance reporting systems.
- To assist in the monitoring and managing of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- To assist the Residence Manager with key tasks during the summer turnaround period, ensuring that the building is ready for the new residents at key times of year.
- To process all incoming and outgoing deliveries including the recording and safe porterage within and between designated properties.
- To work on a rota basis ensuring that the site is covered 24hrs a day including weekends, university closures and bank holidays. To be available to work additional hours in August and September to facilitate turnaround and check in requirements
- To work as part of an Accommodation Service wide operational staff and may be required to move between properties to ensure that operational needs are met at short notice to meet unexpected demand by moving between properties on the same day
Person Specification for the Premises Assistant:
- Basic Handyperson / Maintenance skills
- Understanding of safeguarding
- Relevant experience
- Team player
- Good level of spoken and written English
Hours and salary for the Premises Assistant:
- 35 hrs per week - ( 5 days out of 7 days, you will be required to work every other weekend)
- Starting salary of £26,928.00 per annum + benefits
An offer is subject to an Enhanced DBS carried out by the client and reference checks.
If you feel you are the right person for this role then please apply here or for further details on this role please contact Jeanette on 0207 220 8900