Property Business Manager
£50,000 plus car allowance
We have and exciting opportunity to work for a leading property and facilities organisation as a Property Business Manager in Newcastle
The property Manager will have responsibility for the efficient day to running of the Property and for developing the business of the Property to enhance its value in accordance with an agreed Business Plan to be prepared.
- Property Business Manager
- Salary £50000 plus car allowance
- Location - Newcastle
- Tenancy agreements
- Marketing, business development
Duties of the role
- Securing long term sustainable tenants paying a market rent and attracting new tenants
- Establishing and agreeing a Business Plan for the Property for the short, medium, and longer term
- Work with the agreed property agents to effectively promote and market the building
- Actively engage existing and future tenants to ensuring long term tenancy agreements
- Act as the interface with the facilities management (FM) service provider
- Managing and the contractual Facilities Management relationship, monitoring their performance and ensuring the Facilities Management provider delivers a high standard of service under the contract.
- Responsible for ensuring the efficient running of the building in accordance with the annual Service Charge budget and seek ways to improve efficiency to reduce the running costs of the building.
- Identify and consider options to improve the efficiency of the operating costs of the Property as part of the Business Plan
- D evelop and agree the Marketing Strategy with the Asset Manager and the local Commercial Agents.
- Close liaison with the existing tenants will be a key responsibility in order to understand their business and their short, medium and longer-term requirements in terms of property.
- Attending North East property functions, presentations and meetings to identify potential new tenants.
- Arrange events and networking opportunities for building users and potential users throughout the building life.
- Support the production of the annual budget based on the approved Business Plan and assist in reporting progress against that budget.
- Ensure that all operating costs are appropriately monitored, managed and tracked to maximise cost efficiency
- Previous experience of operating a building providing services and lettings to third parties
- Experience and understanding of commercial property and the local commercial property market
- Previous experience marketing for and generating the interest of new tenants for high-quality commercial properties
- Negotiating lease and rental positions and dealing with tenancy agreements
- Good communication skills and an ability to foster good relationships
- Competent using Microsoft 365 i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
- Ability to produce timely and accurate reports
If you are interested in this role, please apply immediately.