- Regional Technical Services Manager
- circa £50,000k p/a
- Home based working between the Midlands and London
- Family run engineering company
We are currently recruiting for an Account Manager to work or a successful and well-established family run engineering firm. The role of the Account Manager will be to develop, manage and retain strong relationships with the company's Southern-based customers and look to grow that business share. The customer base is between the Midlands and London with the sites predominantly across Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Berkshire. This is an autonomous role involving multiple tasks including: strategic planning, achieving budgeted revenues and margins annually, customer visits, service sales support, recruitment, management and development of regional service engineering team.
- 32 days holiday (including bank hols)
- 5% contributory pension
- Life Assurance x4
- Car allowance or car
- Great company culture of inclusivity
- Family business
Duties of the role include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients with the FM and Nuclear sector
- Developing and maintain excellent relationships with the accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and also to expand the account
- Conduct regular meetings and account reviews with the client
- Contribute towards the business goals of growing 20% year on year through natural growth of recommendation and account expansion, as well as seeking out other opportunities externally
- Have a strong understanding of planned and reactive maintenance within technical services contracts
- Run reports and monitor the work flow to make sure KPI's are being hit by the engineering team and contract SLA's are being delivered to the customer
- Open up a new regional office in the Midlands area to be a more local point of contact for customers
- Manage a team of engineers, administrators and planners
- Monitor and review activity and financial performance on a monthly basis, managing a P+L of £2.5m of planned works annually.
- Take ownership of Service team development within the region, proactively recruiting Service Engineers as required.
- Plan and monitor Quality and Safety Audits on Service Engineers.
- Manage the timely submission of large Service tenders including technical, quality and Commercial and contractual elements.
- When appropriate, manage and deliver improvement projects; including cost negotiation and implementation of any new systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong people manager
- Great people skills and very customer focused
- Experience of setting up a new regional office would be beneficial
- Technical background desirable, however not essential.
- Ability to pick up and understand the company's technical products and offerings
- Strategic thinking
- Commercially astute
- Works with integrity and does the right thing